- Location:IAG Cargo, London
Before you start your journey
Useful information before applying:
Cargo Warehouse Agent
Full time - Permanent British Airways Contract
Salary up to £24,649 (£20,764 Basic pay plus approx. £3,885 Shift pay)
Why Choose Us?
Are you interested in a career in aviation? Are you looking for a new challenge within a world class logistics company? Now is your time to join the warehouse departments where you can be part of a strong team and work in the exciting world of logistics. At IAG Cargo, we are in the business of moving things. We are proud to transport vital goods around the world, from life saving vaccines to medical aid for Ukraine, from endangered wild animals to film productions, and everything in between. What’s more, when you work with us you’ll experience the world of travel with British Airways through our excellent travel perks.
IAG Cargo is one of largest cargo operators in the world, as a Cargo Warehouse Agent you’ll be working alongside a great team working early mornings, late evenings or night shifts. What's more with our current shift pattern you can plan for an entire year ahead!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our cargo warehouse team in an important role as a warehouse Agent. Our warehouse team are responsible for the safe handling of inbound and outbound cargo ensuring all cargo ranging from life saving vaccines through to our high valued goods are built into cargo units ready for it’s onward journey. Colleagues will also prepare arriving cargo for the safe and secure collection by our customers. This role involves building and breaking freight and the manual handling of cargo, therefore a hands-on approach and resilient work ethic is crucial in this role.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for problem solving and delivering high performance when working in a team within a time sensitive environment. Candidate will need to be able to particiate in manual handling, use of mechanical equipment and forklift vehicles.
In return, you will receive the buzz of working in an exciting, fast paced environment, underpinned by world class training and fantastic development opportunities. That’s not to mention the competitive salary, shift allowances and generous concessions.
Want to know more?
Take a look at our video to watch ‘a day in the life’ in cargo. https://www.iagcargo.com/en/careers/
Key Responsibilities as a Warehouse Agent
- Manual handling
- Operation of mechanical equipment and forklifts (when required)
- Working on time critical work within a team environment
- Follow processes in line with Dangerous Goods and other regulations
- Offload and load customer vehicles
- Work proactively to overcome challenges with our customers in mind
- Effective communication with your team leaders and managers
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve time critical tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- A good level of physical fitness
- A resilient approach and a knack for thinking constructively to find practical solutions
- The ability to work early, late or night shifts covering 24 hours a day, year-round
- Excellent communication skills and a good standard of written and spoken English
Benefits of working with us:
The ultimate travel experience
- From your first day you will receive discounted commercial tickets and access to our standby staff travel programme followed by one free flight for you and your nominees after one year service (Taxes and charges apply)
- So now you have the flights you can also benefit from discounted hotels and other travel products
- Did we mention that you even get free car parking for up to two weeks when you travel?!
- Looking to ship something home with you? After six months, you’ll be entitled to an annual cargo concession of up to 250kg to transport personal property on our network. Best part is you only have to pay 10% of the applicable Air Cargo Tariff.
Taking care of you
- We have a fantastic Flexible benefit scheme available for you which includes:
- A market leading defined contribution pension
- Critical Illness cover
- Additional life insurance cover
- Private medical insurance
- Dental Plans
- Cash Health Plans
- Wellbeing sponsors promote a number of wellbeing and inclusion initiatives. We also offer a variety of other benefits to help you develop as a professional and stay healthy and productive.
- At BA Clubs we provide a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities, with free membership in your first year. Get involved in anything from athletics to yachting, angling to yoga.
What you need to know
- You will join on the pay, shift pattern, shift pay and contract terms and conditions of the Cargo Handling Agent role
- You will need to provide a full 5 year referencing history for an airside pass
- You will need to complete a Criminal record check and have no disqualifying convictions
- This role is not eligible for sponsorship applications
- You will need to undertake and pass a medical, security interview at Waterside before joining
Ready to join?
This role is not eligible for sponsorship, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
This role is eligible for the colleague referral scheme.