Commercial Account manager-Engineering
- Careers Site Category:Engineering Operations
- Location:British Airways Technical Block C, London
- Working Pattern:Permanent Full Time
- Closing Date:23 August 2017
We have an amazing opportunity for a confident leader to join us in our Commercial and Supply Chain department as Commercial Account Manager-Engineering. If you’re someone who is excited by the possibility of setting up and developing new Engineering services all over the world, your place is at British Airways. This role offers a chance to make a real impact on the direction we take. You will be responsible for leading a team of professionals, setting and delivering both commercial strategy and revenue targets and managing an impressive portfolio of customer and supplier contracts. In addition, we’ll rely on you to develop the people you’re working with, ensuring that we are all pulling together and delivering peak performance.
- Leading all our engineering sales activities to maximise short and long term revenue opportunities, and helping to develop and maintain our brand vision along the way.
- Day-to-day you will be looking at new leads, developing existing services and meeting with customers to get feedback.
- Prioritising, planning, organising and delivering complex and changing deliverables within and across departments.
- Presenting performance reports to senior stakeholders and suggesting appropriate actions to deal with any existing issues or ways to improve our business.
You don't need airline experience but you need to come from an engineering background of selling services. As Commercial Account Manager, we will rely on you to be an expert in current trends in the industry, helping us to shape our commercial strategy in order to stay at the head of the game. This role involves people management, so while previous experience isn’t essential, you should enjoy developing and motivating a small team of people. With your detailed understanding of sales and marketing principles, strong analytical skills, and your knowledge of the MRO marketplace, you’ll improve on our offering, ensuring that whatever it is we’re doing, we deliver on our promise to our customers.