- Location:IAG Cargo, London
Working as part of a select team, the Team Leader shall report directly to the Performance Manager responsible for the area, with daily reporting to and support from the on duty Premia Operations Manager. The Team leader shall have overall responsibility for the monitoring of Constant Climate temperature controlled product delivery, to include import movements, export movements, transhipment movements, acceptance, temperature monitoring, release, query resolution and communication flows as deemed required by IAG Cargo senior management.
- Detailed knowledge of the IAG CARGO Constant Climate product including all aspects of the product specification, the product SOPs and Active ( Envirotainer/CSafe ) and Passive packaging solutions used by Pharmaceutical and Life Science shippers
- Understanding of why / how medicinal products ( Pharmaceuticals ) can be damaged ( potency, stability etc ) and cannot be administered if temperature excursion occurs
- Knowledge of the IATA Standards for the transportation of Time and Temperature Sensitive Products including all the labelling requirements and acceptance checklist management
- Completion of the bespoke IATA ch.17 GDP training course (ability to attend and complete )
- Proactive approach and willingness to take responsibility and initiative where required.
- Need to take a team approach and also responsibility to take individual actions and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure in a time sensitive environment whilst maintaining control
- A numerate and analytical approach to identifying and resolving operational challenges, ensuring product integrity and customer requirements are protected and achieved at all times.
- Computer literate and ability to use key Microsoft programmes ie. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the significance of delivery quality management of Constant Climate product
- Ability to provide statistical analysis, report writing ( CAPA ), work plans, etc. with good spoken and written English
- Detailed working knowledge of IAG CARGO procedures and regulations, to include but not be limited to commercial rates, route network and geographical schedules.
- An excellent customer service approach to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers and suppliers, with a desire to consistently exceed service level expectations.
- The ability to deliver on the job training to colleagues and direct reports to ensure that required service standards are consistently delivered.
- A detailed understanding of health, safety and security legislation and requirements, and a committed approach in ensuring that such requirements are suitably maintained and delivered at all times.
- Detailed knowledge of any and all systems and processes used by IAG CARGO in deliverance of the Constant Climate product. Extensive knowledge to use IAG CARGO track, trace and planning tools (BA80)
- Detailed knowledge of current HMRC requirements, and all regulatory authority requirements and IAG CARGO SOPs that impact temperature controlled product
- The ability to work accurately and timely at all times, to maximise and protect both revenue generation and customer satisfaction.
- The ability to work accurately and effectively within both a team environment and on own initiative.
- A detailed understanding of airport geography and aircraft side activity, to include but not be limited to the loading / unloading of aircraft and terminals currently served by the IAG CARGO operation.
- Experience in identification and awareness of ULD serviceability, and appropriate safe practices regarding the building and securing of ULD’s.
Working as part of a select team, the Team Leader shall report directly to the Performance Manager responsible for the area, with daily reporting to and support from the on duty Premia Operations Manager. The Team leader shall have overall responsibility for the monitoring of Constant Climate temperature controlled product delivery, to include import movements, export movements, transhipment movements, acceptance, temperature monitoring, release, query resolution and communication flows as deemed required by IAG CARGO senior management.
- Planning, coordinating, administration and general management of issues, which include the day-to-day supervision of support staff and overseeing completion of work requirements
- The efficient utilisation of temperature controlled storage space, chiller or otherwise, and mechanical handling equipment, ensuring quality, and environmental objectives are met in respect of temperature monitoring;
- Understanding of the significance of reporting any temperature deviation or excursion to the customer due to the high value of the product and the impact such incidences has upon the product integrity alongside company perception and reputation. Must gather all relevant information and details in timely manner to report to the customer through proactive communication
- Ownership for every Constant Climate shipment accepted on BA / IAG Network in accordance with Constant Climate Active ( ACT ) and Constant Climate Passive ( PCT ) standard operating procedures and operating processes
- Continual audit and communication of process changes to the operation, ensuring specific knowledge and detail is provided to deliver product specification
- Empowered to make on the day operational decisions to protect integrity of product.
- Dealing with customer communication via e mail or telephone
- Immediate reaction and proactive attendance at aircraft side to resolve any loading issues that prevent airside offload
- Will ensure all Constant Climate templates are checked and confirmed, dealing with and reporting of non conformance with either customer or Network in a proactive manner
- Gather daily operational data for analysis of product delivery and improvement opportunities, producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Gather relevant failure data and completion of CAPA ( Corrective Action, Preventative Action ) in product timelines. Collate, input and communicate performance data and other reports in a meaningful and concise manner, in order to improve service performance and promote customer satisfaction and retention.
- Organising and / or support the recruitment and training of staff with required skills as well as monitoring staff performance.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Briefing are team leaders ( Wholesale and Reatil ) on a daily shift basis of Constant Climate priorities for the day
- With Account managers and Quality Manager, visiting customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, ensuring product has been stored properly
- Participating and agree plan of planned maintenance of specific Constant Climate storage areas ( chiollers etc ) and relevant equipment needed.