- Career Area:Analytics
Before you start your journey
Useful information before applying:
Want to use your analytical mind to support our full-service global airline? To streamline processes that impact the entire business and even the customers? While taking responsibility for your learning and leadership opportunities? Join British Airways’ Commercial, Distribution and Payments team in Bratislava as a Data Insights Analyst.
Bringing together established knowledge and skills with new thinking and a fresh hunger for success, our team in Bratislava is our offshore commercial hub. It’s where real transformation happens. When the world changes, we don’t only adapt, we drive an evolution across the airline industry. And when that evolution calls for brand-new thinking, a keen eye for detail and future-ready operations, we rise to the challenge as a group of dedicated experts. As a Data Insights Analyst, you’ll collaborate, work with complex data and implement new systems, such as NDC.
What you’ll do
In your role, you’ll build the right data and analytics to enable Distribution and Payments (D&P) to run smoothly. It’ll be fast paced but exciting, challenging but rewarding. You’ll put your knowledge of data into developing day-to-day and long-term analytics, becoming an expert in multiple areas of D&P. And you’ll make key decisions that will influence our business and the operations we run on a daily basis.
Your responsibilities are:
- Take advantage of our extensive databases and use outside data to create vital analytics
- Design and put together metrics, insights and trends
- Create reports to support your team’s activity
- Understand everything we need to know about our Cost of Sale
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and improve processes
- Take ownership of, maintain and develop a suite of dashboards
- Collaborate internally and externally and build a strong network
Who we look for
We’re looking for dynamic, flexible, data-oriented and ambitious self-starters with an advanced degree in a technical or numerical field. Those who are experienced in analytical and reporting capabilities. And those with proven teamwork, communication and project management skills.
You should be a
- Motivated people person with great communication skills
- Curious and resilient learner
- Credible and adaptable communicator
- Problem solver who can turn business questions into analytical answers
- Ambassador of British Airways who turns the complex into the simple
- Technical architect with commercial and business understanding
- Numerical coder who can make decisions under pressure