Finance Business Partner - Marketing
- Careers Site Category:Professional Services and Business Support
- Location:Waterside, British Airways Head Office, London
- Working Pattern:Permanent Full Time
- Closing Date:23 October 2017
Supporting the Head of Marketing to maximise the return on global marketing investment (brand, tactical and regional spend). Leading the financial and business performance support for the Marketing Strategy. Drive the business to achieve its financial and related targets, ensure compliance with all corporate governance requirements and maintain an adequate level of internal control.
This role is responsible for analysing the financial, commercial and customer impact of BA’s Marketing activity.
Accountability for setting and monthly monitoring of the data and budgets, ensuring accuracy of underlying financial data and preparing and reviewing related business cases.
This role has a support team member from IAG GBS in Krakow.
- Primary activity is business partnering and driving optimal business decisions in OpCos / TopCo, liaising with business management and group to support or drive business value activities
- Business Partners also lead Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting process
- FBPs use insight and analysis generated in the GBS OC, or directly through their interpretation of quality information, to which they have full access to drive optimal business decisions
- Develop plans and actions with the business to achieve strategy through negotiation, knowledge sharing and offering challenging advice
- Use insights to advise on decisions to reduce cost, and increase profit and revenue, balancing financial performance with the customer value proposition
- Use their knowledge of, and insight into, available data, business issues and drivers to advise others on how to generate required reports, analysis and insights
- Encourage rigour and a financial mind-set for business decision making
- Supports operational business decisions and advises on action to maximise business value, taking into account wider impacts of decisions
- Challenges and supports functional leaders to improve performance and manage risks and opportunities
- Ensure all major business decisions are taken with sufficient understanding of their financial consequences
- Communicate annual Finance Plan and Business Plans for the Line
- Ensure effective ongoing control of all capital expenditure projects through the establishment of clear project accountability and ownership
- Provide input and challenge into decision making from both a business and financial perspective
- Establish effective internal controls within the business and deliver an adequate overall level of internal control