- Location:IAG Cargo, London
- Career Area:Cargo & Ground Operations
Purpose of the Role
To ensure IAG Cargo consistently manages worldwide Ground Handling Agent (GHA) contracts to achieve optimum performance across the network. To manage a robust and quantifiable set of performance metrics which are then used within a service management framework to performance manage GHAs. To co-ordinate project delivery, business case control and control across regional Customer Services whilst providing a single, regional point of contact for change initiatives.
· Ownership of the global GHA SLA. Provision of service consistency across the network and across the network.
· Management of a robust review process for all IAGC Ground Services contracts and ensuring clear consistent conformance to the supplier management process’.
· Liaison with, and support of, regional managers in dealing with all performance issues. Control of the operational review and audit process.
· Liaison with Procurement in the setting up/ closure of Ground Services Contracts.
· Ensure GHAs meet agreed service levels by effective measurement and a programme of continuous improvement.
· Operation of robust escalation procedures, including direct involvement in, and resolution of, significant handling issues.
· Production of trend analysis, metric collection, analytics and reporting across all Ground Services, ensuring transparency across the network and preparation of the regional MBR packs and management of the action plans.
· Project management and project support across a broad range of regional change programmes; as required.
· Management of the Regional approvals board to ensure conformance to the requirements and timeliness of the submissions to the corporate approval process.
- Highly analytical & financially literate
- Skilled and practiced negotiator
- Able to find solutions to complex problems satisfying multiple projects on time
- Skilled at multiple stakeholder management
- Proactively and constructively challenges assumptions and approaches at all levels.
- Displays confidence and resilience, with energy to deliver results – deadline focused. Makes time critical decisions effectively
- Strong contract and supplier management skills
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate at all levels
- Ability to agree objectives and hold people accountable for delivery
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, ability to form meaningful relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Educated to degree or equivalent
- Project management leadership experience
- Proven track record in the management of large industrial workforces
- Evidence of being results driven and working to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing, coaching and developing management roles.
- Managing a high pressured fast paced operational environment.
- Experience in Cargo or Aviation industries
- Understanding of company policies and application