IAG Cargo Key Account Manager
- Careers Site Category:Professional Services and Business Support
- Location:IAG Cargo, London
- Working Pattern:Permanent Full Time
- Closing Date:10 April 2017
IAG Cargo is one of the world’s largest cargo, logistics and freight businesses. We’re a new and exciting organisation which brings together two of the industry’s leading brands - Iberia Cargo and British Airways World Cargo. This is a strategic account manager role with global reach, you’ll harness our combined power to create and sustain strategic commercial partnerships. Put simply, you’ll help to build the world’s foremost air cargo network.
There’s never been a better time to join us. Following significant investments in our fleet and network, we offer more capacity than ever on key trade routes. Developing strategic partnerships with premier customers, you’ll be instrumental to growing export and import revenue, market share and new business. Leveraging our extensive product portfolio, aligned with a deep understanding of customers’ airfreight businesses, you’ll identify and explore commercial opportunities which enhance supply chain management. You’ll develop innovative solutions and add value in many ways – from preparing strategic sales, marketing and pricing plans, through to building a portfolio of capacity purchasing agreements.
Our Sales Manager has exacting standards when it comes to developing the team. To excel here, you’ll need proven experience of strategic planning, with the ability to understand and translate complex customer needs into creative and practical solutions. Ideally, you’ll have a track record within the logistics supply chain. A driven leader with strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills, you thrive under pressure. With your hands-on approach and commitment to exceptional customer relationships, you’ll shape the future with us.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the customer’s business using a variety of sources and identify and explore commercial opportunities on both exports and imports
- Developing and maintaining long term strategic relationships with IAG Cargo’s key customers
- Engaging in tri-partite relationships with agents and shippers to deliver value add services in order to cement IAG Cargo’s position as a supplier
- Develop innovative solutions for customers that not only support our current product portfolio but lead the business in improving those products and developing new ones.
- Prepare bespoke strategic plans, encompassing sales, marketing and pricing activities, to maximise opportunities and value for both parties
- Implement and manage strategic activities to deliver increased value for BA (measured by contribution)
- Monitor performance of strategic plans and evaluate successes, risks and opportunities and formulate plans to address these
- Identify key influencers and decision-makers within customer and develop an action plan to deepen the relationship with this audience, drawing on senior level support within IAG Cargo where appropriate
- Contributing to formulation and implementation of a sales strategy to maximise short and long term revenue opportunities, and reduce cost of sale
- Update sales activity in Pulse.
- Manage interaction of customers with Optima during seasonal allocation process.