IAG GBS Internal Auditor UK
- Careers Site Category:Professional Services and Business Support
- Location:Waterside, GBS UK Head Office
- Working Pattern:Permanent Full Time
- Closing Date:14 April 2017
Delivers internal audits and other operational and financial reviews in IAG entities to provide assurance over the adequacy and effectiveness of controls. Supports line management in IAG entities in understanding the applicable risk and control framework and taking prompt and effective action to address control weaknesses.
Member of the IAG Internal Audit team supporting Internal Audit managers across the Group in their work in Group companies, principally in the UK and Spain, including extensive work using written and spoken Spanish in a financial and operational audit environment.
- Carry out audit work under supervision of Internal Audit managers, including those based in Spain and Ireland, delivering clearly documented conclusions to agreed timescales and addressing, where relevant, risks of fraud, mismanagement and loss due to inadequate control.
- Draft clear and concise audit reports, including remedial actions for identified weaknesses which have been agreed with relevant line managers.
- Carry out internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) reviews, including detailed testing, across all relevant processes and entities, reporting findings to external auditors as well as internal stakeholders and ensuring weaknesses are followed up and corrected.
- Provide assurance over key IT application controls.
- Provide assurance over the controls surrounding delivery of significant business projects, including IT projects.
- Provide assurance over key controls in the front, middle and back offices of the IAG Treasury operation. Assess any weaknesses arising from the simultaneous implementation of a new Treasury Management system and a re-location of Treasury support processes to an in-house, offshore location. This is an ongoing requirement as further process change and transfer of other subsidiary Treasury activities will continue (eg. Aer Lingus Treasury).
- Provide assurance over the controls surrounding airport station operations.
- When required, deputise for relevant Internal Audit managers at any point during the audit process.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA equivalent) or Certified Internal Auditor with a proven track record in external or internal audit roles.
- Big Four Professional Services Firm or Airline industry experience essential.
- Essential experience with ICFR or SOX 404 audit requirements, and controls over all aspects of Treasury operations and reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - including ability to analyse, interpret and present clearly financial and business data.
- Excellent understanding of risk management principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and data analysis.
- Full professional proficiency in Spanish (written and spoken).
- Robust verbal and written communication skills – able to articulate and document thoughts clearly and to present with confidence and credibility to a variety of audiences including senior management.
- Excellent team player able to adapt to various working styles and environments in a multi-national Group.
- Organised and disciplined working approach tailored to meeting tight deadlines while producing sound quality work.
- Proactive, able to explore issues and generate new ideas in developing continuous improvement measures.
** Vacancy advertised from the 14th March 2017 to the 14th April 2017 **