- Careers Site Category:Engineering Operations
- Location:Heathrow Airport, London
- Working Pattern:Permanent Full Time
- Closing Date:25 March 2018
We currently have a number of great opportunities to join our Logistics team working in an operational environment. The logistics team are responsible for processing, storing and delivering aircraft materials that are shipped across the UK and throughout the World.
Our main central Heathrow warehouse is vast covering a square footage of 129,630 SQ/FT (12,043 SQ/M) (equivalent to two full size football pitches) and housing everything from small screws to the nose cowl of an aircraft. The variety of parts needed for maintaining a plane is incredible and are all housed at our Heathrow warehouse and stores, which also supply the materials for our aircraft fleet worldwide.
Our teams operate across various facilities at London Heathrow Airport. You will be working within a dedicated team maintaining a 24/7 operation, so shift work is part of the role.
You will support our Aircraft Engineers, who repair and maintain our aircraft. You will ensure aircraft materials and tools that the Engineers use to service aircraft, are available upon their request. These requests can cover both pre-planned maintenance and immediate repairs to ensure an aircraft returns into service as quickly as possible.
Your responsibilities will include, quality checking, processing, delivering and distribution of critical aircraft materials around Heathrow using our 3.5 ton box vans. You will be expected to use various types of forklifts for loading / unloading vehicles and for manoeuvring and storage of materials.
Our aircraft materials can be of high value so we look to you to manage them with a quality led and detailed approach, ensuring all paperwork is correct and to high quality standard. You hold the responsibility to deliver the correct parts, which have a direct impact on our customer promise and bottom line.
What we are looking for:
- A full UK EC/EEA driving licence ‘Category B’ for Manual transmission vehicles, held a full licence for at least 12 months, with no more than three penalty points.
- Be able to satisfy BA medical requirements for obtaining an Airside driving permit and Forklift licence.
- Ideally some experience in warehousing / logistics processes and procedures, but a detailed and quality led approach is key to deliver to the high standards we require.
- PC literate as you will need to enter and record material data on our central system.
This role is for someone who is looking to work in an operational environment. It is crucial that you have a conscientious and flexible approach to your work as you will be doing multiple tasks in one shift.
In return we can offer a role with real variety of daily tasks and an opportunity for career development within the Logistics and Material Operations departments and beyond.
The entrant salary for this role is £17,500 per annum and subject to satisfactory performance should rise to £18,500 within 12 months. In addition you will receive shift pay (as applicable) for working various shift patterns, which could include early, days, late and night shifts.