Technology Change Project Manager (1078)
- Careers Site Category:Professional Services and Business Support
- Location:IAG Cargo, London
- Working Pattern:Permanent Full Time
- Closing Date:26 February 2017
The business has defined a strategic direction for the next 5 years, and is undertaking stepped changes to achieve the strategy. Many of the change initiatives required enabling technology to be built and introduced to the business. Business teams require support, guidance and management to embed the changes and deliver the benefits.
The Technology Change Project Manager will help the business understand what the technology will enable, what process changes need to take place, arrange any training required, guide the business and technical resources through testing, coordinate implementation including any modifications to the team processes and structures, and track benefits.
The role faces into the business, but coordinated internal and external IT suppliers, and may draw upon external parties including compliance bodies, business partners, other OpCos with the group, and might occasionally impact into trade union discussions. Typical project duration is 6mth – 1.5 years, and the range of projects offer the candidates the opportunity to exercise a very diverse set of skills in stakeholder management, process and people change, project management and benefits realisation. The job may require frequent travel between Madrid and London Hubs.
We would be open to candidates based in Madrid or London.
- Help business teams implement change to processes associated with the introduction of new technology
- Facilitate delivery through a culture of continuous improvement, acting as a champion for driving day-to-day process improvement
- Responsible for successful project initiation, including business case approval, planning and delivery in line with internal control and financial guidelines
- Lead and manage projects to support and deliver the IAG Cargo business objectives
- Manage project costs that ensure the profitability of the business is maximised
- Ensure open communications with a constant feedback loop at all levels
- Relationship and supplier management with external suppliers as well as IAG IT and key stakeholders during the project lifecycle to ensure design and delivery solutions meet business needs
- Ensure that project delivery results in customer satisfaction
- Manage projects within the defined governance framework including running steering groups and attending governance meetings.
Set up and effectively run Project Governance Groups as necessary and provide regular updates to Head of Dept and or IAG Cargo Leadership Team as required.