- Location:IAG Cargo, London
- Career Area:Cargo & Ground Operations
IAG Cargo an operating company of the FTSE 100 organisation International Airlines Group is currently looking to add a Training Manager to join our operations team based at our hub in London Heathrow.
Reporting to Operations Performance Manager the Training Manager will successfully define, implement, measure and continuously improve the training plan and strategy within London Operations to ensure the cost-effective provision of training, which meets all mandatory requirements and supports the development of a consistently high performing, skilled workforce.
- Plan and effect the timely delivery of all mandatory and role-based training for new and existing cargo operations staff, ensuring 100% compliance with regulatory and corporate standards
- Matrix manage and develop the team of operational line trainers, ensuring training is of a high standard and delivered efficiently and consistency
- Manage training records for Operations and own all relevant training systems
- Manage internal and external accredited training providers
- Adopt a best practice approach to training, with plans and content that are fit for purpose and continuously improved
- Develop and own the training strategy for operations, including definition of the optimal mix of insourced and outsourced providers
- Act as an expert advisor to operational areas, providing guidance on training curriculum for role-based training for agent, team leader and operations manager roles
- Track and report metrics on performance of training function, making recommendations for improvement where appropriate
Key Skills and Experience
- Relevant experience in defining and managing training plans across a large, diverse organisation
- Experience of working within one of the following sectors; FMCG, Retail, Logistics or Security
- Ideally have experience of working within a unionised and regulated environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of communicating with stakeholders of all levels
- Able to prioritise effectively and manage multiple and conflicting tasks effectively
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of Training Manager please use the ‘apply now’ function.