- Location:Heathrow Airport, London
- Career Area:Cabin Crew
Our World Class Cabin Crew epitomises all that is great about being red, white and blue. If you believe in showing customers first-class hospitality, if you're able to find a way whatever the challenge, and if you can share a warm smile each and every day, you represent the best of British.
You will take pride in offering the classically polite charm and humour of Britain. Our customers deservedly have high expectations, so you will also know when to be accommodating and when to be diplomatic - so everyone on board has the best experience. You will also know when to take charge and get the job done.
We foster a culture of high performance, which will enable you to develop your personal and professional skills while travelling the globe. As you progress, you will have the opportunity to take control of your career path, and be recognised and rewarded for your commitment.
As World Class Mixed Fleet Experienced Cabin Crew you will have the potential to earn, on average, a reward package of between £25,000 and £29,000 per annum. This comprises of a starting salary of £17,614 per annum; an hourly payment when you are flying; bonuses for achieving your performance targets; and commission for Inflight Retail sales. Annual leave starts at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
What skills are required for a successful career as Cabin Crew?
You will have at least 24 months full-time continuous flying experience (at least 16 months must have been obtained in the last five years). You will also show:
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer service - to every customer, on every flight, each and every day.
- Hard work - The work is hard and the hours long, but the rewards are many.
- Resilience - Some days are tough; really tough, and you will never experience jet lag like it. But no matter what, when you put on the uniform, you are red, white and blue, inside and out.
- Empathy - You are someone who instinctively understands the needs of the customer before they do.
- Open to change and innovation - The aviation industry is on the cusp of unprecedented change, with a raft of new technologies, multiple initiatives and new aircraft. Our cabin crew drive much of the change and are always happy to embrace innovation.
- The ability to be problem solver - A nurse, a nanny, a friendly ear, a travel guide and a super human.
Please note, if you are applying for this vacancy you should not apply for the Cabin Crew role as well. If suitable for the Cabin Crew role only, your application will be reassigned during the recruitment process. This vacancy is only open to external and British Airways CityFlyer candidates.